Escuela de Ciencias de la Salud
Misión, Metas y Objetivos
Bachillerato en Ciencias en Nutrición y Dietética (Coordinado)
The formation of competent entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists and licensed dietitian nutritionists who can provide excellent services in the areas of clinical, foodservice and community nutrition to local and global communities.
Program goal #1
The program will prepare competent entry-level registered dietitian nutritionists who can work in a variety of settings.
- The program’s one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%.
- At least 80% of graduates who take the Puerto Rico licensure exam will pass the exam on the first attempt or within one year of the first attempt.
- Of graduates who seek employment, 70% are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation.
- At least 40% of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- At least 70% of employers who return the employers survey will rate graduates as “satisfactory” or higher (three on a five point scale) when evaluating their overall job performance.
Program goal # 2
The program will develop professional registered dietitian nutritionists committed to community service and interdisciplinary work.
- At least 80% percent of program students complete program/degree requirements within 4 ½ years (150% of the program length).
- At least 90% of students enrolled in the supervised practice component of the CP will complete all requirements.
- At least 60% of graduates will indicate participation in one or more community service activities.
Results of program outcomes data are available upon request at firstname.lastname@example.org.