Research at UAGM
Vicechancellory of Sponsored Research & Programs
Sponsored Research & Programs Office (SRPO)
The Vicechancellory of Sponsored Research & Programs serves as the coordinating office for sponsored research and programs submitted and administration by the Universidad Ana G. Méndez, Recinto de Gurabo. It provides administrative services, technical assistance, support and has established procedures to help meet both sponsor and university administrative requirements. The Vice-Chancellor serves together with the Chancellor as the authorized official representative of the institution before sponsoring agencies and organizations.
The SRPO’s duties are as follows:
- Notify researchers regarding funding opportunities and sponsor policies & procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to researchers drafting proposals, review proposals, and process proposals for submission to sponsoring agencies.
- Negotiate terms for awards and contracts.
- Receive awards and establish accounts with the assistance of the Office of Contract and the Office of the Assistant Vice-Presidency Financial Administration of Sponsor Funding .
- Assist with the following post-award administrative functions: re-budgeting, time extensions, and tracking of technical reports, among others.
Tel: 787.743.7979 ext. 4011, 4056
Tel: 787.743.7979 ext. 4238