Sciences and Technology
Department of Medical Technology
Post Bachelor's Certificate in Medical Technology
This program is offered at: UAGM Gurabo, Main Campus
The student will receive a complete academic training, preparing him for the prevention, detection, and clinical diagnosis that will help in the treatment of various pathologies. In addition, you will learn to perform laboratory tests, interpret test results, and make diagnostic conclusions.
The Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Medical Technology has a strong emphasis on technological advances and molecular analysis. The program combines theory with practice in laboratories and external clinical fields.
The Medical Technology Program is in the process of evaluation and accreditation of the accrediting agency NAACLS (National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences) 5600 N River Rd Suite 720 Rosemont, IL 60018; Tel: (773) 714-8880, Fax: (773) 714- 8886; www.naacls.org. This accreditation allows your students to take the United States exam. In the event that the program is not accredited by NAACLS, the student may only request the Puerto Rico Board exam, according to Law 167, which regulates the profession of Medical Technologists of Puerto Rico.
Time Completion: 1 year
The graduate, after obtaining her license, may work in:
- Immunology and Blood Bank Areas
- Clinical and specialized laboratories in molecular tests
- Research Centers
Admission requirements Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Medical Technology:
- Bachelor of Science
- Minimum cumulative average of 2.75
- Minimum average in science and mathematics courses of 2.75
Have passed the following courses (equivalent) with a minimum grade of C:
- General Biology I and II (8 credits)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology (8 credits)
- Genetics (3 credits)
- Cellular and Molecular Biology and / or Biochemistry (3 credits)
- General Microbiology (4 credits)
- Immunology (3 credits)
- General Chemistry I and II (8 credits)
- Organic Chemistry I and II (8 credits)
- Analytical Chemistry (4 credits)
- Physics I and II (8 credits)
- Pre Calcule (minimum 5 credits)
Documents and procedures for admission:
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from science and / or mathematics professors. Click here to download the letter of recommendation format.
- Oral interview and an essay to be performed during the evaluation process.
Note: Medical Technology courses from other institutions will not be accepted.
|Apply for Admission|