Research at UAGM
En estos momentos nos encontramos trabajando en la implantación del cambio de nombre a Universidad Ana G. Méndez, Recinto de Gurabo en todos nuestros procesos administrativos, académicos y estudiantiles, incluyendo todas las secciones de nuestra página de internet.
Please note we are working on the implementation of changing our name to Universidad Ana G. Méndez, Recinto de Gurabo for all our administrative, academic and student processes, including all sections of our website.
- Scientific Authors 2014-2015
Research is a cornerstone of the university's mission; it advances knowledge and understanding, underpins instruction, improves the quality of life and enhances economic development.
The university's research efforts bind together three important mission elements:
• Instruction: Researchers engaged in the forefront of science and engineering infuse knowledge and enthusiasm in their classroom teaching, and involve students in work that takes them outside of the traditional classroom experience. PhD degrees are offered in 5 disciplines.
• Economic Development: Our researchers work on problems distilled from the practice of their professions. As a result their accomplishments may fuel economic growth by defining new products and services and generating new businesses. Interactions with industry set a context for scholarly research that has both intellectual integrity and utility.
• Public Service: Knowledge developed in our faculty and students becomes an invaluable asset guiding state and municipal leaders in policy development and improved operation of government services and civil infrastructure.
The University supports and promotes research and scholarly activities by:
• administering sponsored programs;
• ensuring compliance with regulations;
• overseeing research funding and accounting;
• communicating research findings to different audiences;
• enhancing the research infrastructure through laboratories and services;
• providing start-up funds to outstanding faculty; and
• promoting commercialization of products and services based in faculty discoveries and initiatives.