Centro de Estudios Graduados e Investigación
En estos momentos nos encontramos trabajando en la implantación del cambio de nombre a Universidad Ana G. Méndez, Recinto de Gurabo en todos nuestros procesos administrativos, académicos y estudiantiles, incluyendo todas las secciones de nuestra página de internet.
Please note we are working on the implementation of changing our name to Universidad Ana G. Méndez, Recinto de Gurabo for all our administrative, academic and student processes, including all sections of our website.
Curriculum (PDF 404 KB)
The Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine is a four-year program to train holistic primary care physicians. The ND program consists of 278 credits and students are required to complete a minimum of 1,200 hours of clinical experience. Graduates will be required to sit for the Naturopathic Physicians Licensing Examination and pass this exam in order to practice the profession.
General Requirements of Admission
A Doctoral Admission’s Committee will evaluate all candidates for admission to doctoral degrees. The Committee will be composed of two professors, the Director of the Naturopathic Medicine Program, the Associate Dean of the School, and the Dean of the School. This Committee will be appointed every year.
Admission is open to applicants holding a bachelor’s degree in sciences from a regionally accredited educational institution, appropriately certified international educational institution, or select institutions accredited by recognized independent national or professional bodies.
Students interested in applying for admission to doctoral studies will be considered if they fulfill the following criteria:
- Complete a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Submit an official transcript of credits with the application for admission (25%).
- Participate in an interview with the Doctoral Admission’s Committee (25%).
- Submit current resume or other record of professional experience and achievements (15%).
- Submit three letters of recommendation (25%).
- Submit a personal statement of professional and educational goals (10%).
- Present evidence of pre-requisite course work (science courses taken over 10 years ago are subject to review)
- 12 semester credits in Biology with Laboratory (including Anatomy and Physiology)
- 8 semester credits in Chemistry with Laboratory
- 4 semester credits in Organic Chemistry
- 3 semester credits in Physics
- 6 semester credits in Psychology
- 6 semester credits in English
- 6 semester credits in Humanities
- *At least one course in Spanish (3 credits)
- 1 semester course in Algebra or Pre-Calculus
- Results of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or the Spanish Test of Aptitude for Graduate Studies (EXADEP).
- Any other requirement established by the School.
- Student must submit a $75.00 nonrefundable application fee.
Admission requirements for transfer students
Students who have begun doctoral studies in Naturopathic Medicine or other degrees such as MD, Pharm D, Odontology, and Chiropractic at other institutions need to complete the following requirements:
- Submit evidence of good academic standing at the previous institution where doctoral studies were initiated.
- Must not have been subjected to any academic or disciplinary sanctions.
- Submit an official credit transcript with admission application. Students who are transferring from a university outside of Puerto Rico must submit a course catalog from the previous institution.
- Fulfill all general admission criteria as stated above.
Transfer students have the option of validating courses taken no more than 10 years prior to admission. Transfer credits may be recognized as long as course work is equivalent to courses required for the doctoral degree al Universidad del Turabo.
All courses submitted as transfer credits will be evaluated by the Doctoral Admission Committee. The student must have a minimum grade of B in each course. Up to 20 credits may be accepted for transfer.
Naturopathic Medicine Doctorate Student Handbook (PDF 1,068 KB)
©® All Rights Are Reserved. Universidad Ana G. Méndez, Recinto de Gurabo